BBVA USA is a bank with its headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama. BBVA USA has been a subsidiary of the Spanish multinational BBVA (Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria) since year 2007.
And the bank operates majorly in Arizona, Alabama, Colorado, California, New Mexico, Florida, and Texas as well.
As of June 2020, BBVA USA is the 39th largest bank by total assets in the United States of America.
BBVA USA holds its naming rights to BBVA Stadium. And the Stadium is a soccer venue in Houston, Texas. From the year 2011 to the year 2014, the bank was the title sponsor of the Birmingham Bowl, which is a college football bowl game that is being played in Birmingham annually.
BBVA USA was founded on the 2nd of March, 1964 as the Central Bank and Trust Company. It was founded by Schuyler Baker, Harry B. Brock Jr, and Hugh Daniel with a capital of just $1 million.
The rest founding directors of BBVA USA included John R. Israel, Frank L. Hardy, Stewart Welch, and Wendell H. Taylor.
Later on, John Veins, Tom Jemigan, Wally Ball as well as Know Heard joined the board.
Then in the year 1967, the bank moved into a new 15 story new headquarters building on 20th Street South.
Bank Type: Subsidiary
Date founded: On the 2nd of March, 1964
Headquarters: Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Founder: Harry B. Brock Jr.
Key people: Javier Rodriguez, CEO
Number of employees as of 2018: 10,045 employees.
To login to BBVA USA online, follow the steps below:
- Visit the official website of the bank “www.bbvausa.com”.
- Now that you are on the page, click on “Sign In” at the top right side of the page.
- Now enter your ” Username” and ” Password” in the space provided there.
- Once you are done, click on ” Sign In” to sign in to BBVA USA online.
BBVA USA Credit Card
Below are the credit cards offered by BBVA USA:
BBVA Clear points Credit Card
This card lets you pick where to earn additional rewards. With this card, you can choose how you earn close to 3% and 2% unlimited rewards in the categories that you choose each quarter.
Also, the card gives you 0% Introductory APR for 13 months on purchases. The rate applies also to Balance Transfers that were made within 60 days of account opening.
In all, it has no annual fee.
BBVA Rewards Card
With the BBVA Rewards Card, you get unlimited rewards across all categories for every purchase.
Also, you get 0% Introductory APR for every balance transfer for 13 months on balance transfers that were made within sixty days of opening the account.
Optimiser Credit Card
With this Optimiser credit card, you get competitive interest rates, worldwide purchasing power as well as the opportunity to improve your credit.
Select Credit Card
With this credit card, you get to earn up to 4% unlimited rewards on Entertainment, 3% unlimited rewards on Dining. Also 2% unlimited rewards on Travel as well as 1% rewards on every other purchase.
The BBVA mobile banking app is available for download on Google Play Store for Android phones and the Apple App Store for iOS devices.
Alternatively, you can just choose to visit the site “www.bbvausa.com” to download the app directly from the site.
To locate the nearest branch of the bank:
- Visit “www.bbvausa.com”.
- Now that you are on the page, scroll down a little to where you have “Branches & ATMs” then click on it.
- On the next page displayed, you can now type in your location and click on the search button.
BBVA Customer Service
- For customer service, visit “www. bbvausa.com”.
- Now that you are on the page, scroll down a little to where you have “Contact Us’ and click on it. You will be provided with all you need to know about the bank as well as the frequently asked questions.