BMO Harris Bank, N.A. is a United States bank that is based in Chicago, Illinois. The bank is a member of the Federal Reserve System and it operates branches in the states of Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Arizona, Kansas, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Florida, and California.
BMO Harris Bank has more than 600 branches and 1300 ATMs and about 14,500 staff in the United States of America.
The bank is the 20th largest banking institution in the United States of America.
BMO Harris Bank is a subsidiary of the Canadian multinational investment bank as well as the financial services company Bank of Montreal, which is mainly known as “BMO”.
The institution owns BMO Harris Bank through BMO Financial Corporation, the holding company. And the BMO Financial Corporation was formerly Bankmont Financial Corporation, then Harris Financial Corporation.
- Bank Type: Subsidiary
- Formerly: N.W. Harris & Co. (1882-1907), M&I Marshall & Ilsley Bank (1847-2012), Harris Trust and Savings Bank (1907-1972), Harris Bank, N.A. (1972-2005). Then later in 2005, Harris Bank retired.
- Industry: Banking
- Year founded: 1882
- Founder: Norman Wait Harris
- Headquarters: United States of America, Illinois, Chicago
- Owner: Harris Bankcorp, Inc. (1972-1984), Bank of Montreal (1984-present)
- Key people: Daryl White (CEO-BMO Financial Group), David R. Casper (US CEO), William Downe (CEO, BMO Financial Group), Mark Furlong (former CEO).
- Products: Corporate Banking, Consumer Banking, Investment Banking, Insurance, Mortgage loans, Private Equity, Private Banking, Credit Cards, Wealth Management, Financial Analysis
- Number of employees: 14,200 (2016)
- Parent: Bankmont Financial Corporation (1984-2004), Harris Financial Corporation (2004-2011), BMO Financial Corporation (2011-present)
- Website: “www.bmoharris.com”.
The BMO Harris community partnership include:
- BMO Harris Bank Center in Rockford, Illinois
- BMO Harris Bradley Center in Milwaukee
- Chicago Bulls
- BMO Harris Pavilion at Summerfest in Milwaukee
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Milwaukee Wave
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Wisconsin Badgers Athletics
- Northwestern University Athletics
- Rockford IceHogs AHL Blackhawks Affiliate.
In 1882, Norman Wait harris did establish N.W. Harris & Co. The N.W. Harris & Co is a Chicago-based municipal bond broker and also the forerunner of Harris Bank. They established the Harris Trust and Savings Bank in the year 1907.
Also, the bank later merged with Chicago National bank in the year 1960 and it was restructured as Harris Bank, N.A. in 1972.
The Bank of Montreal which was later known as BMO Financial Group gained Harris in the year 1984.
The bank grew so fast through a series of acquisitions starting with the First National Bank of Barrington in the year 1985. First National Bank of Batavia and State Bank of St. Charles in the year 1988.
Then Frankfort Bancshares and Libertyville Federal Savings Bank and Loan in the year 1990.
Also, Harris Bankcorp and Suburban Bancorp merged under the Harris name in the year 1994. 2 years later, the company gained 54 Chicago area branches from Household Bank.
BMO Harris Bank Online
To login to BMO Harris Bank Online, carefully follow the steps below:
- Visit the official website of the bank ” https://www.bmoharris.com/”.
- Once you are on the page, you will notice a box asking you to enter your user ID and your Password at the top right side of the page.
- Once you have entered your User ID and Password, click on “Log in”.
BMO Harris Bank Near Me
The following steps below will guide you in finding the nearest BMO Harris Bank close to you:
- Visit the official website of the page “https://www.bmoharris.com/”.
- Once you are on the page, click on the “Location” icon at the top right side of the page, close to the “search” icon.
- On the next page displayed, enter your “City & State or Zip Code in the space provided below.
- Once you are done, click on the search icon to locate the nearest BMO Harris Branch.
The bank credit card includes:
BMO Harris Bank Platinum Mastercard
This credit card gives you zero percent introductory APR on purchases for 15 months from the day the account was opened.
Note that after that, a variable APR applies which is 12.24% – 20.24% currently. Based on your creditworthiness though. The card has no annual fee.
BMO Harris Bank Premium Rewards Mastercard
This credit card gives you a 15% anniversary point bonus every year. It gives you 35,000 bonus points when you spend $5,000 in the first three months of account opening.
The car also has a low annual fee of $79 and has no foreign transaction fees.
BMO Harris Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard
This credit card gives you a 10% anniversary point bonus every year. It also gives 25,000 bonus points when you spend $2,000 in just the first three months of opening an account.
With the Platinum Rewards Mastercard, you can get 2 points per $1 spent on eligible grocery and gas purchases close to $2,500 in combined spend each calendar quarter. You will also get 1 point per $1 spent on every other purchase.
In all, it has no annual fee.
BMO Harris Bank Cash Back Mastercard
This card gives you 2% cashback per $1 spent on eligible gas and grocery purchases, close to $2,500 in combined spend each calendar quarter.
It also gives 1% cash back on every other purchase.
In all, it has no annual fee.
For customer service:
- Visit the official website of the bank “https://www.bmoharris.com/”.
- Once you are on the page, click on “Contact Us” at the top right side of the page.
- On the next page displayed, you will be provided with some frequently asked questions and answers to them. As well as the phone numbers that you can use to reach them easily.