Citibank is the consumer division of financial services multinational Citigroup. This bank was founded in 1812 as the City Bank of New York, and it later became the First National City Bank of New York.
Citi Bank has got 2,649 branches in 19 countries. Not excluding 723 branches in the United States of America and also 1,494 branches in Mexico which are being operated by its subsidiary Banamex.
The U.S. branches of the bank are concentrated in 6 metropolitan areas. Not excluding Chicago, New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., and Miami as well.
Apart from the United States and Mexico, most of the branches of the company are also in Russia, Poland, India, and the United Arab Emirates.
Citibank is one of the lead lenders to the developers of the Dakota Access Pipeline project in North Dakota, which is a 1, 172-mile long (1,886 km) oil pipeline project.
This pipeline has been controversial while regarding its potential environmental impacts and impacts to Siouan sacred lands and water supply as well.
Following a statement from Huh MacMillan, who is a senior researcher on water, climate issues, and energy.
He said that Citibank has for long been:
“Running the books on this project, and that’s the bank that beat the bushes and ot other banks to join in”.
Bank Type: a subsidiary of Citigroup
Industry: Financial Services
Date founded: 16th of June, 1812 as City Bank of New York
Key People: Barbara Desoer (Chairman) Sunil Garg (CEO)
Products offered: Mortgages, Credit Cards, Commercial banking, Personal loans, lines of credit.
Follow the steps below to sign on to Citibank:
- Firstly, you visit the official website of Citibank which is “www.citi.com”.
- Once you are on the page, click on “Sign On” at the top right side of the page.
- On the next page displayed, enter your “User ID” and your “Password”.
Then click on “Sign On”.to login.
The bank also has an app and the app is available for download from the Goole Play Store for Android users and the Apple app store for iPhone users.
Citibank Products and Services
The products and services offered by Citibank include:
Their banking services include applying for an Account & Checkin Your Application Status.
- Personal Loans
- Mortgage and Home Equity
- Citi Cards
- Small Business Banking
- Global Executive Banking – International Personal Bank U.S.
- Retirement Services
- International Personal Banking – International Personal Bank U.S.
- Citigold Private Client
- Citigold Banking
- Business Banking
- Citigold Private Client International – International Personal Bank U.S.
- Citigold International – International Personal Bank U.S.
Citibank Credit Card
The credit cards of Citibank include:
Citi Double Cash Card
With this credit card, you can earn 2% on purchases with 1% cashback when you buy. With an extra 1% as you pay for those purchases.
Citi Rewards+ card
With this credit card, you can earn 15,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in purchases with your card within the first 3 months.
Citi Diamond Preferred Card
This card offers a low intro APR for new customers on both balance transfers and purchases as well. Thereby giving you time to pay down your debt without putting in some extra interest charges.
Citi Prestige Card
With this card, you can earn 50,000 bonus points just after making $4,000 in purchases with your card within the first 3 months of account opening.
Citi Premier Card
With this card, you can earn 60,000 bonus points after you have spent $4,000 within the first 3 months of account opening.
Citi / AAdvantage Platinum select world elite Mastercard
With this card, you can earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles after $2,500 in purchases in the first 3 months of account opening.
Other credit cards include:
- Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi
- Citi Simplicity Card
- AT&T Access Card From Citi
- American Airlines AAdvantage MileUp Mastercard
- Expedia rewards Card from Citi
- Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard
- Citi Secured Mastercard
- Costco Anywhere Visa Business Card by Citi
- Expedia Rewards Voyager Card from Citi
Citibank Customer Service
For customer service, kindly follow the steps below:
- Visit the official website of the page: “www.citi.com”.
- Once you are on the page, scroll down to the footer where you have “Contact Us” under “Help & Support” and click on it.
- On the next page displayed, you will be provided with everything you need to reach out to their customer service.