Discover It Cash Back Credit Card Review. The Discover It Cash Back Credit Card features an increased reward rate on some categories that revolve every few months.
Though this can be complicated however it is so lucrative.
Discover It Cash Back Credit Card offers 5% cashback on about $1,500 spent each quarter. Spent on revolving bonus categories just like:
- Grocery Stores
- Gas Stations
- And also when you make payment making use of PayPal, whenever you activate them.
But you will only get 1% cash back on every other purchase. Instead of having to extend a traditional sign-up bonus to the new cardholders.
The Discover it Cash Back Credit Card will match every of the cashback you get during your first year.
However, Discover It Cash Back Credit Card does not provide some of the benefits that come standard with so many credit cards, not excluding extended warranty coverage and price protection.
But as a cardholder, you have zero-liability fraud protection together with free access to your FICO credit score and alerts too if your Social Security number displays on a very unsafe website.
If your credit card is stolen or you misplace it, you can as well freeze your account from your mobile app or even your online account. In addition to that, you will receive free overnight delivery for your missing card.
In all, the Discover it Cash Back Credit Card has a really reasonable cashback rate on rotating bonus categories.
The credit card does not have an annual fee too and it has a reasonable APR. However, this card may not be the best cashback credit card if you are in search of a more versatile card.
Advantages of Discover it Cash Back Credit Card
The advantages of the Discover it Cash Back credit card includes:
- It matches all the cash back you get at the end of your first quarter.
- You get to earn cashback on some particular spending categories that rotate every year.
- Bonus cash back categories.
- Intro APR period on Purchases and Balance Transfers.
- It has no annual fee.
Disadvantages of the Discover it Cash Back Credit Card
Some of the disadvantages of the Discover it Cash Back Credit cArd include:
- No opportunity to receive more value from rewards by transferring.
- If you are the type that is cool with simplicity, then a flat-rate cashback card may be okay for you.
- Little less merchant acceptance for Discover in the US. Acceptance outside the United States of America can become a problem.
- Low rewards rate for most purchases.
- Caps its bonus rewards quarterly.
- It has low rewards rate on most of the purchases.
Who is the Discover it Cashback Credit card For?
The Discover it Cashback Credit card is great for:
- Those who don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- Those looking for a way to maximize their rewards on some particular everyday spending categories.
The Card is Not Great For:
- Those who prefer a simpler rewards program.
- Those who want an increased rewards rate on every purchase.
Rates and Fees
The rates and fees include:
Issuer Name: Discover
Purchases Intro APR: 0% for 14 months
Credit Needed: Good, Excellent
Balance Transfer Intro APR: 0% for 14 months
Annual Fee: $0
Balance Transfer Fee: 3% intro balance transfer fee, which is up to 5% fee on future balance transfers.
APR: 11.99% – 22.99% Variable APR
Foreign Transaction Fee: None.
- You get to earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in purchases every quarter. Though, this requires an activation.
- 1% back on every other purchase made using the Discover it Cash Back Credit Card.