Discover it Chrome Credit Card is a cashback reward credit card. The credit card earns 2% cash back at gas stations and restaurants as well for about $1,000 in combined purchase every quarter.
Automatically, every other purchase earns 1% unlimited cash back. And at the end of your first year with the card, Discover it Chrome will match every cashback that you have earned if you are a new cardholder.
The benefits of cardholder include:
- the ability to freeze your account if you misplace your card or it was stolen.
- a free monthly FICO credit score.
Like I earlier said, the Discover it chrome gives 2% cashback at restaurants and gas stations, however, bonus rewards are limited to about $1,000 in combined purchases each quarter.
Highlights of the Credit Card
The highlights of the card include:
- Redeem your cashback for any amount, at any time. The cash rewards do not expire.
- Automatically, Discover will match every of the cashback that you have earned at the end of your first year. And there is no minimum spending or maximum rewards. Just a dollar-for-dollar match.
- 100% U.S. Based Customer Service available any time.
- Earn cash back on your next road trip with 2% cashback at Restaurants and Gas Stations on up to $1,000 in combined purchases each quarter.
- In addition to that, you will earn unlimited 1% cashback on every purchase automatically.
- Receive an alert if we find your Social Security number on any of thousands of Dark Web sites and also activate for free.
- Discover is accepted nationwide by 99 percent of the places that accept credit cards.
- Get your free Credit Scorecard using your FICO Credit Score, the number of recent inquiries, and many more.
- It has no annual fee.
The Rates and Fees
The Rates and Fees of the credit card include:
Issuer Name: Discover
Purchases Intro APR: 0% for 14 months
Credit Needed: Excellent / Good
Balance Transfer Intro APR: 0% for 14 months
Annual Fee: $0
Balance Transfer Fee: 3% intro balance transfer fee, which is up to 5% fee on future balance transfers.
APR: 11.99% – 22.99% Variable.
Foreign Transaction Fee: None
Pros and Cons of the Discover it Chrome
Below are some of the advantages and disadvantages of Discover it Chrome:
- It has flexible cash-back redemption options.
- The cashback match simply means double the rewards at the end of your first year.
- It has no foreign transaction fee.
- It has a high cash advance fee.
- High balance transfer fee.
- 2% cashback category limited to $1,000 in quarterly spending.
- 1% base rate on other purchases.
Discover it Chrome Rewards
Their rewards include:
A nice perk of the Discover it Chrome is an easy cashback reward with redemptions of any amount you have at any time. The rewards do not expire and are being credited to the account when it is closed.
So many cash-back cards provide an unlimited 1% cashback on every purchase.
This credit card has the feature, however, its headline rewards feature is a 2 percent cash back that is earned on the first $1,000 in combined purchases at restaurants and gas stations each quarter.
When you lever the maximum benefits from the feature, cardholders can gain $20 in cashback each quarter or $80 yearly. The Discover it Chrome Cashback Match doubles it for the first year.
And that is a $160 maximum reward from the top-earning category in the first year only.
To determine the rewards potential of the Discover it Chrome Credit Card we have to look at the bonus categories and evaluate what exactly an example American household might spend in those particular areas.
With Discover it Chrome Credit Card, you will earn 2% on your first $1,000 in combined spending at restaurants and gas stations each quarter.
Also, if you max out each bonus of the quarter, that is equal to $80 in cashback every year. Every other purchase earns an unlimited 1% cashback.