Discover it Miles Credit Card is basically a travel credit card having an amazing incentive for new cardholders.
Discover it Miles matches all miles you earn during your first year, instead of having to offer a traditional sign-up bonus.
Meaning you can make use of the card almost for one year to be able to maximize the value of its introductory rewards bonus.
Also, the flat rewards rate is not really the best in the business while a delightful option for some consumers.
The features of the Discover it Miles include:
- Social Security number monitoring.
- FICO credit score.
- The option to freeze your account. Should in case your card is stolen or you misplaced it.
Discover it Miles Review
Discover it Miles credit card exceptional bonus offer, as well as its redemption options, makes it a great choice amongst no-annual-fee cards. The card gives 1.5 miles per dollar spent.
Also, cardholders get a lucrative mile-for-mile bonus match on each of the miles they have gained at the end of the first year. Thereby doubling their reward rates.
The Discover it Miles card is a credit card, however, it lacks a lot of travel perks that differentiate the category.
Pros and Cons of the Discover it Miles
The advantages of the Discover it Miles include:
- Flexible rewards redemption options
- First-year points earned are matched.
- Decent 0% introductory offer on purchases.
- No annual fee or foreign transaction fee.
- It has flexible redemption options.
- You can redeem rewards for travel or cash back at equal value.
- Sign-up bonus.
However, what you might not so like about the credit card is:
- Mediocre introductory APR offer on balance transfers.
- A less-than-ideal card for frequent travelers.
- The card requires a good or an excellent credit
- Other cards give higher rewards rates.
- It has no luxury perks.
- It is not widely accepted outside the United States.
How do I use the Discover it Miles Credit Card?
- Take advantage of the free credit score feature of the credit card and track your FICO score with each statement.
- Maximize the flexibility of the travel redemption. You can do this by shopping for lower-priced flights.
- Use it as your primary credit card. For a year at least.
Discover it Miles Benefits
The outstanding benefits of the bank include:
- No foreign transaction fee
- No late fee on your first late payment.
And no penalty APR.
Whereas the standard benefits include:
- $0 fraud liability on unauthorized charges.
- Social Security number monitoring.
- 24/7 U.S based customer service.
- Overnight card delivery.
- Free FICO credit score
- Year-end summary
- Freeze it on/off switch from the app to prevent any charges that are not authorized.
- Discover identity alerts and account monitoring.
The Discover bit Miles Credit Card enables you to freeze and unfreeze your account as needed and to also monitor your credit report online or via the mobile app.
The company will also alert you if there is any strange-looking activity. And you are not gonna be held for any charges not authorized, which are standard features as well.
Rates and Fees
Issuer Name: Discover
Purchases Intro APR: 0% Intro APR for 14 months
Credit Needed: Excellent, Good
Balance Transfer Intro APR: 10.99% Intro APR for 14 months.
Annual Fee: $0
Balance Transfer Fee: 3% intro balance transfer fee, close to 5% fee on future balance transfers.
APR: 11.99% – 22.99% Variable APR
Foreign Transaction Fee: None
Who is the Discover it Miles Credit Card Great For?
The credit card is great for:
- Travelers that need flexible redemption for rewards.
- Those who can maximize the first-year bonus.
The Card is Not Great For:
- Those who can earn more rewards using a different credit card.
- Frequent travelers who want so many travel perks.
Is Discover it Miles a great Credit Card?
Discover it Miles has great travel rewards with flexible redemption options. However, it does not offer point transfers, bonus rewards or sign-up bonuses.
So it is really not the best or the most preferred card among cardholders who are looking at maximizing travel rewards.