Fifth Third Bank is a major U.S. bank that serves 10 states in the Midwest and the Southeast. Currently, the bank has branches and ATMs in Florida, Illinois, Georgia, Kentucky, Indiana, North Carolina, Michigan, Ohio, West Virginia, and Tennessee.
Fifth Third offers savings and checking accounts, credit cards, certificates of deposits, insurance, loan products, and investing services as well.
Fifth Third has its headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio at Fifth Third Center. It is the principal subsidiary of Fifth Third Bancorp, which is a diversified bank holding company.
Fifth Third Bank is incorporated in Ohio and also, the bank was state-chartered until late 2019 when it gained a national charter.
The bank name, “Fifth Third” was coined from the names of the bank’s two predecessors companies. Which are Third National Bank and Fifth National Bank, which merged in 1909.
Fifth Third National Bank is ranked 384th on the Fortune 500 and moreover, it is one of the largest banks in the United States of America.
Trade name: Fifth Third Bank.
Type: Public company
Industry: Banking, Financial services.
Date founded: June 17, 1858, as Bank of the Ohio Valley
Headquarters: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Area served: Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Illinois, West Virginia, Michigan, Florida, North Carolina, Georgia, Pennsylvania.
Key people: Greg D. Carmichael (Chairman and CEO)
Number of employees as of 2019: 19,869 employees.
What does Fifth Third offer?
Being a major bank of U.S. Bank, Firth Third offers so much to hold its own against any other banking institution. And its long list of accounts include:
- Savings accounts
- Checkings accounts
- Money Market Account
- Certificate of deposit (CDs)
- Credit cards
The Fifth Third Bank offers traditional savings accounts to assists customers in setting aside emergency funds or even save for a greater purchase.
Also, the Fifth Third Goal Setter Savings account makes it very easy to track every of your progress towards meeting a certain goal. The savings account pays a very low rate. However, you will only have to deposit $0.01 in order to open it.
Moreover, you will need to deposit $500 to avoid paying a monthly fee of $5.
Fifth Third Bank offers different checking accounts, not excluding a free checking account that doesn’t have a minimum balance requirement as well.
Money Market Accounts
The fifth Third Relationship Money Market Savings account offers a tiered APY based on the balance. However, even the top yield is low compared to online banks.
You will want to keep $500 at least in the account or have a Fifth Third checking account. Or you will just have to pay $5 monthly.
This bank offers several kinds of CDs. In addition to the standard certificates of deposit, there are still promotional CDs with rates that differ depending on your location.
Fifth Third Bank Login
To login to Fifth Third, kindly follow the steps below:
- In the search bar of your Chrome Browser, enter “www.53.com” and search.
- Now that you are on the page, click on “LOG IN” at the top right side of the page”.
- On the next page displayed, select if you want to login to online banking or commercial banking.
- After you must have selected which you want to log in to, enter your “User ID” and your “Password” in the spaces provided there.
- Then click on “LOG IN”.
For any complaints or questions about their credit card, you can visit “https://www.53.com/content/fifth-third/en/customer-service/credit-card-faqs.html”
Fifth Third Bank App
The mobile banking app is available for download on the Google Play Store for Android users and the Apple App Store for iPhone users.
Or better still, you can click on the link on the website to download the mobile app.
Fifth Third Bank Near Me
To locate the nearest branch and ATM near you, carefully follow the steps below:
- Visit the official website of Fifth Third “www.53.com”.
- Once you are on the page, scroll down to the footer where you have “Branch & ATM Locator”.
- Beneath it, enter your “Zip Code or City/State” in the box provided there.
- Once you are done, click on “FIND” to locate the nearest branch and ATM close to you.
For customer service:
- Visit the official website of the bank “www.534.com”
- On the next page displayed scroll down to the footer.
Here, you have two options:
- You can either contact the number under “Contact Us” or
- You click on “Customer Service at the footer of the page. There, you will be provided with every single thing you need to know about the bank.
- You can also contact the numbers displayed there.