SunTrust Bank, Inc was an American bank holding company with SunTrust Bank as its assets of US$199 billion and it’s the largest subsidiary also as of 31st of March, 2021.
SunTrust most direct corporate parent was established in the year 1891 in Atlanta, where it was also headquartered.
In September 2016, SunTrust Bank operated about 2160 ATMs and 1400 bank branches across 11 southeastern states and Washington, D.C. as well. The main business of SunTrust Bank included:
- Trust and
- Investment services as well.
Through the various subsidiaries of the bank, the bank provided capital market services, corporate and investment banking, mortgage and wealth management with close to 24,000 employees.
In the year 2013, they ordered the bank to pay a huge sum of $1.5 billion in order to settle all claims of shoddy mortgage lending, servicing as well as foreclosure practices. And it got to a sum of $968 Million settlement with the US government in the year 2014.
In February 2019, SunTrust Bank revealed its pending purchase by BB&T for a sum of $28 billion in an all-stock deal. Building the 6th largest U.S. lender, which is the biggest bank deal since the financial crisis of 2007-2008.
Also, on the 6th of December 2019, the merger between BB&T and SunTrust bank ended. Thereby forming “Trust Financial Corporation”. Both banks kept on operating differently while joining their operating systems.
Bank Type: Public
Year founded: 1891
Fate: Acquired by BB&T
Defunct: 6th of December, 2019 as an independent corporation.
Number of locations: 1,218 branches and 2,082 ATMs
Headquarters: SunTrust Plaza Atlanta, Georgia, U.S
Area served: Southeastern United States
Products: Financial services
Key people: William H. Rogers Jr (CEO and Chairman)
Number of employees as of 2018: 22,899
SunTrust Bank Online
To login to SunTrust Bank online, follow the steps below:
- Visit the official website of the page using the Chrome Browser “www.suntrust.com”.
- Once you are on the page, click on “Sign On” at the top right side of the page.
- Now enter your ” User ID” and your ” Password” in the space provided there.
- Once you are done, click on the ” Arrow” icon to sign on to SunTrust Bank online.
SunTrust Bank Near Me
To locate the nearest SunTrust Branch, carefully follow the steps below:
- In the search bar of Google Chrome, visit “www.suntrust.com”.
- Now that you are on the page, click on “Find Us” at the top right side of the page.
- In the box provided, right under ” Find an ATM or Branch”, enter your ” City or ZIP Code” then click on the ” Arrow” icon or click on ” Find Us” to locate the nearest branch.
SunTrust Bank Credit Cards
SunTrust Credit Card include:
Cash Rewards Credit Card
With the cash rewards credit card, you can get up to 5% cashback on up to $6,000 spent on just gas and groceries qualifying purchases in the first 12 months.
You also get 0.0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months just after account opening. In all, it has no annual fee.
Travel Rewards Credit Card
With this credit card, you get a $250 Statement Credit after spending $3,000 on qualifying purchases in the first 3 months after account opening. Its annual fee includes $0 Intro Annual Fee for the first year, $89 thereabout.
Prime Rewards Credit Card
With the Prime Rewards Credit Card, you get a $100 Statement Credit after you spend $500 on qualifying purchases in the first three months after opening an account.
You also get 3 years intro offer at Prime Rate on balance transfers that were made in the 1st 69 days after opening an account.
In all, it has no annual fee.
SunTrust Bank App
The SunTrust mobile banking app is available for download on Google Play Store for Android and the Apple App Store for iOS users.
SunTrust Bank Customer Service
For customer service:
- Visit “www.suntrust.com”.
- Now that you are on the page, scroll down to the footer and click on “Help Center” under “Support”.
- There you will be provided with anything at all you need to know about the bank.