Synchrony Bank is a consumer financial services company with its headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut, United States. The company provides consumer financing products.
Not excluding promotional financing, credit, and loyalty programs as well. Also, installment lending to industries as well as FDIC-insured consumer savings products via Synchrony Bank.
It’s a solely owned online bank subsidiary.
This bank is the primary issuer of both retail and co-branded credit cards. Not excluding recognized names like PayPal, Amazon, and Lowe’s too.
Synchrony Bank also issues some specific credit cards that will be used across different kinds of healthcare services, home furnishing stores, as well as auto shops.
Bank Type: Public
Industry: Financial services
Date founded: 12th of September, 2003
Key people: Brian Doubles (President), and Margaret M. Keane (CEO)
Headquarters: Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.
Products: Credit cards, Payment systems
Number of employees as of 2018: 16,500
The Account basics of Synchrony Bank
The account basics of Synchrony Bank include:
- Money Market
Synchrony Bank doesn’t provide checking accounts. But you still have the option to write checks from your Synchrony Bank money market account.
But the savings accounts and the money market accounts are considered to be stable deposit accounts.
There, your money is left to gather interest and they are not created to be used for banking every day and bill-paying as well.
However, if you need a checking account that pays you interest, then you may want to go for another bank.
The bank high-yield savings account provides 0.50% APY, having no minimum balance requirement. You can as well have access to your savings account money through transfer by phone.
Electronic transfer, wire transfer, or even through an optional ATM card.
The bank does not charge an ATM fee, and it will refund any domestic ATM fees that are being charged by the rest of the financial institutions, about $5 per statement cycle.
Pros and Cons of Synchrony Bank
The advantages and disadvantages of the bank include:
- No monthly fee
- Mobile check deposit capabilities
- No minimum deposit requirements for savings and money market accounts
- Mobile and online access 24/7
- Competitive rates on every account
- Savings accounts provide optional ATM cards
- Traditional and Roth IRA accounts
- Money market accounts provide optional ATM cards and checks.
- No credit cards
- No physical locations
- IRAs only provide cash savings options
- No auto loans
- No checking accounts
Synchrony Bank Log in
To login to synchrony bank:
- Visit “www.synchronybank.com”.
- Now that you are on the page, click on “SIGN IN” at the top right side of the bank.
- You will be displayed with two options. One to “sign in to your
Synchrony Savings Accounts” and the other to “sign in to your Synchrony MasterCard”.
- Click on which you would love to sign in with and follow the rest onscreen instructions.
To locate the nearest Synchrony Bank, visit “www.synchronybank.com”.
On the page, scroll down to the footer where you have “ATM Finder” and click on it.
Synchrony Bank Credit Cards
Their credit cards include:
- Synchrony Premier World Master
- Synchrony Mastercards
- Preferred Mastercard
- Plus World Mastercard
- For customer service, visit “www.synchronybank.com”.
- Once you are on the page, click on the three horizontal lines at the top left side of the page.
- Now click on “CONTACT US”.
- On the next page displayed, you will be provided with all you need to contact their customer service