World of Hyatt Credit Card provides so many benefits for travelers who reside in Hyatt hotels.
Upon the approval for the World of Hyatt Credit Card, cardholders will be upgraded automatically to the low-tier Discoverist status of Hyatt.
Also, cardholders will be granted five qualifying nights toward higher levels of elite status.
And as well earn an extra two qualifying nights for all $5,000 you spend on the card without any limits to the level of status that you can earn.
Every year upon renewal of the card, cardholders will be granted a complimentary hotel night certificate, and this is valid at Category 1 to Category 4 Hyatt properties.
Only the benefit in several cases makes up for the cost of holding the card as far as they use the benefit. An extra night can be earned using $15,000 of spending during one calendar year.
Travelers can also save money with zero foreign transaction fees as well as complimentary baggage delay insurance. Trip cancellation lost luggage reimbursement, as well as trip interruption insurance.
- It has a welcome bonus. This allows you to earn 30,000 Bonus Points after spending $3,000 on purchases in your first three months from the account opening.
- In addition, about 30,000 More Bonus Points by earning 2 Bonus Points total per every $1 spent in the first six months from account opening on purchases that earn 1 Bonus Point, on about $15,000 spent.
- Earn a second complimentary night after you spend $15,000 on the card each year.
- One complimentary Category 1 to 4 hotel night every year on cardmember anniversary.
- Purchase protection.
- Earn two extra elite qualifying night credits for every $5,000 you spend.
- Five elite qualifying night credits each year.
- Lost and damaged luggage protections.
- Automatic World of Hyatt Discoverist elite status.
- Travel protections
- Trip cancellation coverage
- No foreign transaction fees
- Purchase protection.
Pros and Cons of the World of Hyatt Credit Card
Below are the advantages and disadvantages of the World of Hyatt Credit Card:
The advantages include:
- Complimentary World of Hyatt Discoverist status
- Annual free night certificate on cardmember anniversary.
- Great welcome bonus.
- High points redemption values.
However, what you might not so like about the credit card is the fact that:
- It has a high regular APR.
- It has a limited number of properties.
- No intro APR offer.
- No worthwhile redemption options apart from Hyatt properties.
Fees and Interest rates
Purchase Intro APR: N/A
Regular APR: 15.99% – 22.99% Variable APR on purchases and balance transfers.
Balance Transfer Intro APR: N/A
Cash Advance: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Annual Fee: $95
Foreign Purchase Transaction: None
Balance Transfer Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
The welcome bonus on the World of Hyatt credit card is not available to those who have any Hyatt credit card currently.
Or anyone who has gotten the new cardmember bonus on any of the Hyatt credit cards in the past 2 years.
How does the World of Hyatt Credit Card compare to the rest of travel cards?
The credit card boasts one of the best-earning rates and point values. And this is available among hotel credit cards. However, the footprint of Hyatt is a little bit more restricted than the other brands.
If you are looking at getting a hotel with a wider network, then the following alternatives might be okay for you:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card.
- Hilton American Express Aspire Card.
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card.