United Explorer Card is a co-branded card for those who travel with United Airlines frequently.
The card earns 2 miles per dollar that are spent on purchases from United Airlines, also at restaurants and at hotel stays. Every other purchase earns 1 mile per dollar.
The United Explorer Card provides 40,000 bonus miles after spending $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months you open your account.
In addition to that, you can earn an extra 25,000 bonus miles after spending $10,000 total in the first 6 months.
Also, it has an annual fee of $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then the $95.
Cardholders also receive:
- Priority boarding,
- 25 percent back on United in-flight purchases
- two one-time passes to the United Club lounge every year
- Up to a $100 credit for Global Entry or the TSA Precheck fees.
If you are very loyal to United, then the United Explorer card is a must-have. With so many opportunities to rack up miles as well as a suite of airline-specific and general travel advantages.
The United Explorer Card promises great value to justify its annual fee.
Even if you do not fly with United regularly, the airline’s global reach through its own fleet and partner airline offers travel opportunities that can make the card worth your while.
Pros and Cons of the United Explorer Card
The advantages and disadvantages of the United Explorer Card include:
- Special benefits each time you fly United.
- Valuable rewards program
- Several travel perks and protections.
The disadvantages of the credit card include:
- Fewer free checked bags than some other airline cards.
Who is the card great for?
The United Explorer Card is great for:
- Frequent Diner
- Loyalty status seeker
- International traveler
- Frequent flyer
Travel benefits and Bonus offer
The travel benefits and bonus offer of the credit card include:
- You will get two United Club passes each year on your cardholder anniversary.
- The UnitedExplorer Card gives 40, 000 bonus miles after spending $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening. In addition to that, you can as well earn an extra 25,000 bonus miles after spending $10,000 in the first six months.
- Cardholders that fly on United-operated flights will get priority boarding as well as a 25 percent cash back on in-flight purchases.
- The first checked bag fee is waived for you and one traveling companion on United flights.
Also, Double miles that do not expire:
- Miles do not expire as far as your credit card account is open.
- Whenever you fly with United, you will receive 2 miles per dollar spent on airfare.
- Also, you will earn 2 miles per dollar at restaurants and also on hotel stays.
Highlights of the Card
The highlight of the credit card includes:
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on hotel stays, at restaurants, and also on United purchases.
- Check your first bag for free when you use your card to buy your ticket.
40,000 bonus miles after spending $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening. Also, an extra 25,000 bonus miles after spending $10,000 in the first 6 months.
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent at restaurants and eligible delivery services.
$0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit.
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit the United Club with 2 one-time passes each year for your anniversary.
- 25 percent cash back on United inflight purchases.
Rates and Fees of the United Explorer Card
The rates and fees of the credit card include:
Issuer Name: Chase
Penalty APR: Up to 29.99%
Credit Needed: Excellent, Good
Balance Transfer Fee: Either $5 or 5 percent of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Annual Fee: $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95
Cash Advance Fee: Either $10 or 5 percent of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater.
APR: 16.49% to 23.49% Variable
Foreign Transaction Fee: $0
United Explorer Card benefits
The benefits of the credit card include:
- Trip cancellation and interruption insurance
- Auto rental collision damage waiver
- Visa Concierge
- Lost luggage reimbursement
- Extended warranty coverage.
- Primary rental car insurance.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Purchase protection.
- Emergency card replacement and cash services
Security Features of the United Explorer Card
Chase enables cardholders to lock and unlock their card account via the mobile app. And this is not a standard feature among the rest of the major credit card issuers.
The option can as well come in if you have a lost or stolen card, and you want to avoid anything at all that deals with fraudulent acts.
Also, the card has got the contactless capability. And with this feature, just click on your card to a contactless credit card reader instead of having to swipe or insert it.
Though, it works faster thanhaving to insert your card. However, it still provides the same level of security.